- Ready In:
- 1hr 3mins
- 6 ounces suet
- 6 ounces raisins
- 6 ounces self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 pint milk
- Set oven to 375F or Gas Mark 5.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Mix the eggs with the milk, and then combine with the dry ingredients.
- Pour into a greased tin approx 8 inches long x 6 1/2 inches wide x 2 inches deep.
- Bake for 1 hour.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Australia and love travelling. I am happily back in Canberra - the Nation's capital with the man of my dreams (for the last 39 years). Unfortunately I only have access to the internet at work, and with my new job there is very little time for the pleasure of reading up on 'Zaar. Have a cat, a dog, a husband, 2 children, 2 grandchildren and a very hectic life. Favourite hobby is collecting recipes and cooking. I love to cook - the more the better. And a deep interest in medieval times. More than half my recipes are not for food. Things like how to make artificial gemstones, how to rid a home of pests, correct behaviour and so forth. Very, very interesting stuff. As I get older, I am finding there doesn't seem to be enough time in a day to do what I want.