Surprise Inside Hamburgers
photo by Marsha D.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 slices kraft single American cheese
- onion, slices
- tomatoes, slices
- dill pickle slices
- hamburger bun
- mustard (optional)
- catsup (optional)
- Preheat grill on medium heat.
- In a bowl combine hamburger meat, Worcestershire sauce, teriyaki sauce, seasoning salt, onion powder, black pepper and garlic powder. Mix up well.
- Shape into 8 patties.
- Add 2 slices of cheese to 4 of the patties.
- Place other 4 patties on each top of cheese slice. (making 4 hamburger patties in all).
- Pinch edges of patties together to seal. Make sure cheese is completely inside the patties.
- Grill hamburger patties 10-12 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- NOTE: spread soft butter to the insides of the hamburger buns and lightly grill 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add onion slices, pickles,tomato slices,lettuce and mayonnaise, mustard and catsup (opt).
- Serve with french fries or chips.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made these for my husband tonight & it was a success! I made a lot of changes, though. I used 1 lb beef, 1 tsp worch sauce, 1 tsp teriyaki sauce, 1/4 tsp onion powder, seasoning salt & garlic powder. I didn't bother with putting cheese in between the patties; my husband just likes his on top! Had a nice subtle oriental flavor; thanks for the recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello to everyone! :) <br> <br>This is of me in the year 2007 and my Icon is my two boys. <br> I am from Lakewood Wa. but I am orginally from Hickory North Carolina, where I was born and raised.I moved to Washington to marry my second husband, who I met on the internet from a dating site called kiss.com. We both enjoy fishing. Mineral Lake is where we go on the weekends during the fishing season. I talk about going to the lake alot but its just because I love to get away from the big city since I'm a country girl at heart. I enjoy this website and I really love the new recipes I have found. Did I mention I love this site!! ? :) <br> <br> <br>Participation & Awards: <br> <br><img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/world.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com"> <br> <br><img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/ZaarWorldTourPartBanner.gif" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com"> <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Derfcookathon.jpg"><img src="http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/484938/Spelling-Bee-stick2jpg.jpg"><img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/1956/holidaylightssticker.jpg"> <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/Kaffee-sticker.jpg"><img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/PastastickerJPEG.jpg"> <br><li><img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/Flourpowersticker.jpg"><img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/1956/SoupsandsaladSTICKER.jpg"><img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/TasteofYellowSTICKER.jpg"> <br><img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/BBQlSTKR.jpg"> <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/FISHSEAFDSTICKER.jpg"> <br><img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/AMpageSticker.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <br><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/RedRose_FSsticker.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"><img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/BANNERS/LiteLowSTKR.jpg"><img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/EZSTKR.jpg"> <br>