A hearty, flavorful pizza. The wine in the sauce added depth to the taste (although you can cheat and use water if you don't have wine on hand). Sauteeing the mushrooms and veggies with the sausage beforehand gave everything a nice rich flavor!
1) Prepare the pizza dough. You can do this however you like. Search "Pizza Dough Recipe", buy frozen bread dough and thaw it, buy a premade pizza crust, etc. I had a Pillsbury mix for "Hot Roll" bread dough that I needed to use up, so that's how I made my dough. One way or another, grease up a pizza pan and roll out a layer of fresh dough. Set aside.
2) Mix together all the Pizza Sauce ingredients. Red wine is optional but tastes so much better than water! Set aside.
3) Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; coat bottom with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Remove casings from sausage, and cook 3 mins, stirring to crumble. Add onion and mushrooms, sauté 4 minutes Add bell pepper, sauté 2 minutes.
4) Assemble your pizza! Spread pizza sauce mixture on the dough, leaving a 1 inch margin for your crust. Layer on the sausage mixture. Sprinkle cheese generously over the top.
5) Bake at 415 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.