Superfood Peanut Butter N' Cookies Fudge
photo by YummySmellsca
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 15mins
1 8x5" pan
- 1⁄4 cup maca, powder
- 1⁄4 cup peanut powder or 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 2 ounces vegan white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 ounce vegan butter or 1/2 ounce refined coconut oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups very well-cooked cannellini beans, drained and rinsed well
- 2 tablespoons amber agave nectar
- 2 (1 g) packets vanilla flavoured stevia
- 2 (1 g) packets caramel flavoured stevia
- 1⁄4 cup natural smooth peanut butter
- 10 small chocolate wafer cookies (I used my Kamut® Cookies for Creme)
- fine sea salt, and to sprinkle or raw sugar, to sprinkle
- NB: Skip the first step if using roasted / gelatinized maca powder.
- In a large, dry frying pan over medium high heat, toast the maca powder and ground almonds if using (stirring constantly) until the mixture is a "toasty" brown colour and the bitter/sour smell of the maca becomes almost butterscotchy - about 8-10 minutes.
- Immediately pour into a bowl and cool completely. Stir in the peanut flour if using this instead of the almonds.
- Combine the chocolate and butter in a small bowl and melt gently in the microwave. Set aside.
- In a food processor, puree the beans with the agave nectar and stevia until very smooth.
- Add the chocolate mixture, maca and ground almonds and puree inches
- Add the peanut butter and process in until completely smooth.
- Pulse in the cookies until combined but still chunky.
- Line an 8x5" loaf pan with clingwrap and evenly press in the fudge. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Chill 1 hour, uncovered, then press a layer of plastic onto of the surface and keep in the fridge.
- This tastes better if you chill it overnight and let it stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before enjoying.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!