photo by mdjbemartin
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 Velveeta cheese (8oz)
- 14 1⁄2 ounces chicken broth
- 1 ounce Good Seasons Italian dressing
- 1 cup uncooked bite-sized pasta
- Cook and stir meat in 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in large saucepan until cooked through; drain. Add vegetables; cook 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring ocassionally.
- Add chicken broth, soup base, 2 cups water and salad dressing mix. Bring to a boil.
- Add pasta; cover. Simmer 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender. Add Velveeta; cook until melted, stirring occasionally.
- Freeze It: Allow soup to cool then portion into smaller container. Store, covered, in the refrigerator for 3-4 days or in the freezer for 2-3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator as needed.
- Reheat It: Reheat small portions, about 2 servings of frozen soup, in the microwave on HIGH for about 5 minutes, stirring halway through.
- Chicken: 1 pound boneless chicken pieces, 3 sliced carrots, 1/2 cup sliced celery, 1 small chopped onion, additional 14 1/2oz chicken broth.
- Beef: 1 pound ground beef, 1 c corn, 1 chopped bell pepper, 16oz Taco Bell Home Originals Salsa.
- Pizza: 1/4 pound coarsely chopped Oscar Mayer pepperoni (add with the broth), 1 c sliced mushrooms, 1 sm chopped onion, 1 chopped bell pepper, 15oz pizza sauce.
- Meatless: 3 sliced carrots, 1 chopped bell pepper, 1 chopped zucchini, 14 1/2oz undrained diced tomatoes, 15 1/2oz drained and rinsed kidney beans.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
My Super Soup version: 2 lb ground beef or venison 2 1/2 cups frozen corn 2, 14 1/2 cans chicken broth 2, 16 oz jars chunky salsa 2 -4 cups water 2 packets Italian salad dressing mix 1 box, 16 oz small pasta shells 16 oz Velveeta cheese Brown burger. Add corn, broth, salsa, water and Italian dressing mix. Boil and add pasta and cook until tender. Cut Velveeta into small chunks add to soup and stir until melted/combined. Serve with fried onions, sour cream, shredded cheese or corn chips. This gets better tasting when reheated.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Square Meals Make Round People - Author Unknown <br /><br />Do It With Love---It Will Taste Better - Author Unknown <br /><br />I joined zaar in 2002 but I really didn't use it much on until 2006 after my computer crashed and I lost all my unsaved recipes. Now I post all recipes I've tried or would like to try. I'm actually making it my goal to try almost all the recipes I've posted as soon as I can. I love food and I love to eat and try different recipes. My favorite course is dessert. I love sweets! This leads me to that I did have Gastric Bypass surgery on July 25th 2008. On that note I love baking and cooking a priceless gift passed down from my grammy who I dearly loved and miss deeply. My grammy passed away 1/15/07. She was a wonderful cook and baker and taught me many things and the most valueable things was how to be a wonderful cook and baker like her. I really enjoy searching for new recipes especially here on Zaar. I'm always finding and adding to my cookbook new and exciting recipes. I also enjoy posting recipes here on Zaar as well. I really love collecting different cookbooks. I have over a 100 and growing! I collect mostly Taste Of Home & community cookbooks. The minute I get a cookbook home I sit down and I read my cookbooks from front to back like novels. I work for the Elmira City School District and YWCA. I'm raising my 8 yrs old newphew. I'm a part time college student studing Early Childhood Education, but taking time off and hoping to return soon. I live in Elmira, New York where famous writer Mark Twain did some of his writing and he once lived. I have 1 cats Samantha and 1 dog our newest member MOO MOO (my nieces dog) who are my children as I do not have any human children of my own. I lost four of my very dear children (kitty's) Callie June 2007, Miss Kitty in March 2010, my dog Angel in December 2010, and my other cat Chase in September 2011. I'm recently married on August 12th 2010. I love spending time with my niece 9 yrs old and my newphews 7 & 8 yrs old. I enjoy couponing and trading coupons. I love the internet as there's so much to look at online even though you know where I spend most of my time! I enjoy going to yard sales and estate sales every spring - fall. I love gardening and have many different pretty flowers.</p> 8724441"