Super Quick Hot Water Pastry
- Ready In:
- 500 g plain flour (i.e. 2 cups, preferably wholemeal)
- 150 150 ml melted lard or 150 ml melted butter
- 200 ml boiling water
- 1 pinch salt
- Place flour in mixing bowl, make a well in the center.
- Put oil and hot water in cup or jug and pour onto flour.
- Mix well until all flour is incorporated. The dough should be quite pliable.
- Allow to cool a little until you can comfortably handle it, but make sure to use while warm.
- Roll out on floured surface and use immediately.
- For Vegetarian omit animal fat or Lard.
- For Vegan omit Animal Fat, Lard or melted butter and use only oil.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg"> I love cooking. I enjoy organic gardening and finding new ways to use my homegrown produce. I have a good knowledge of a number of regional cuisines, particularly australian, italian, german, american, chinese, indonesian, and japanese foods. I also have an extensive knowledge and experience in vegetarian cuisine. My partner and I absolutely love cooking together, and make a lot of our own jams, pickles, preserved fruit and vegetables, sauces, stocks, dried herbs, and icecream toppings!