Super Moist Ginger Cake
- Ready In:
- Melt butter and golden syrup, set aside.
- Into a large bowl, sift flours, bi-carb of soda, ginger, cinnamon,mixed spice and sugar. Stir to combine.
- Add eggs and milk. Beat well.
- Add melted butter and syrup and mix well to combine.
- Grease and line 2 loaf tins (approx 23cm x 12 cms). Divide mix evenly between the 2 tins.
- Bake in a moderate oven (180 deg C / 350 deg F) for about 50 mins or until top is golden brown and an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tins for 10 mins before removing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This cake was fantastic. Really simple to make and the smell coming from my oven could warm the coldest of hearts. I have to say after reading the other review i halved the amount of golden syrup and the outcome was fantastic a really soft bouncy cake very light in tast but full on flavour. Thankyou