Honey Butter Cornbread
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb butter (two sticks)
- 1 1⁄3 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sour milk or 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- honey butter, topping (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 9 by 13 pan.
- To sour the milk: Bring milk to room temperature (I put it the microwave for a few seconds). Add 2 Tbls vinegar.
- Once the milk starts to curdle, add the baking soda.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Remove from heat and stir in sugar. Add eggs and beat until well blended. Stir in the sour milk and baking soda mixture. Add the cornmeal, flour and salt and stir to combine making sure a few lumps are left. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 35 - 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- For the topping: Add honey to softened butter and combine well. Spread evenly over the top of the hot cornbread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Thank you for posting this recipe!! been searching for moist corn bread recipe and tried making twice already and the results were bad. I was doing the exact measurements too. So came across your recipe and this turned out perfectly moist! Really recommend your recipe! Thank you so much! With love from Canada
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a working mom who loves to feed her family good food that doesn't take all day to prepare. I love to experiment in the kitchen and look forward to trying new things.