Super Moist and Tasty Zucchini Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chunky cinnamon applesauce (or thinly sliced apples)
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
- 2 - 2 1⁄2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a bundt cake pan.
- Sift together flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and baking soda on to a piece of waxed paper.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, flax seed meal and sugar. Mix in oil, applesauce and mollasses. Add sifted ingredients to egg mixture, and beat for 2 minutes. Stir in chopped nuts, vanilla, and zucchini. Mix thoroughly. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool and then flip onto display pan or cooling rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am going to use this spot to put some of my favorite cooking tips and tricks that don't really warrant going in as a recipe and so I don't lose them!!