Super Fudgy Brownies
Adapted from "Everyday Food". I used bittersweet (60% cocoa) chips and special dark cocoa powder for a dark, rich brownie; if you put the powder in with the chips and butter to melt it smooths out any lumps in the cocoa powder. Prep/cooking time do not include cooling time.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces, plus more for pan
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate or 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush a 9-inch square baking pan with butter; line the bottom and 2 sides of the buttered pan with parchment paper (leaving a 2-inch overhang for lifting), then butter the paper and set pan aside (this makes for easy removal; it's worth the time!).
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- Place the chocolate and butter in a large heat-proof bowl set over (not in) a saucepan of gently simmering water.
- Heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove bowl from saucepan.
- Add sugar and mix to combine.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add flour mixture; mix until just moistened (do not over-mix unless you like your brownies tough).
- Transfer to prepared pan; smooth top.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with just a few crumbs attached, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 30 minutes.
- Using paper overhang, lift brownies out of pan, leaving on paper to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Using a dampened serrated knife, cut into 16 squares.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These are lovely tasting brownies. Great chocolate flavor, I used dark cocoa and bittersweet chips in this treat. The brownies were a little overcooked at 50 minutes, next time I would cook them for 40 - 45 minutes to ensure that they are fudgy and chewy. I frosted the brownies with a dark fudge frosting. Thank you for sharing your recipe Patrick. Made for Pac Spring Safari.Reply