Super Easy Vegan Chili
photo by Dan Churchill
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups lentils
- 15 ounces whole tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 pinch salt and black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Add oil to a pot on medium heat and stir the onion, celery and carrot for 4 minutes or until slightly golden. Add in the garlic and caramelize for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir through the lentils for 1 minute before adding in the whole tomatoes, vegetable stock, oregano, cayenne, paprika, salt and pepper. Cover and bring to a boil before simmering for 25 minutes.
- Pour in the red wine vinegar and stir in the cilantro, simmer for a further 5 minutes before serving in individual bowls and topping with coconut yoghurt and fresh cilantro leaves.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!