Super Easy Mini Meatball Sandwiches (Crock Pot)
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 5mins
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 12 frozen meatballs (1/2 oz each)
- 12 dinner rolls (from the bakery section)
- 6 slices provolone cheese, Cut Into Four Wedges Each
- Mix crushed tomatoes, brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, basil, parsley and paprika in a large bowl.
- Put meatballs in crock pot and pour sauce over them.
- Cover crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours.
- When you are ready to make the sandwiches, cut each dinner roll in half. Place a wedge of the cheese on the top and the bottom of each roll. Spoon a meatball with the sauce onto the bottom roll and replace the top.
- Serve right away with lots of napkins!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I grew up in Tucson but moved to Colorado in 1989 and live in a household with my husband, Dad, daughter and 3-year old twin granddaughters. Our 8-year old grandson spends 2 nights a week with us. All of that adds up to often difficult menu ideas to met everyone's tastes. Zaar is very addicting and I love trying the recipes I find here. I like to find recipes of people that I see are still active on Zaar and love it when I hear back from the Chef after I review the recipe. Everytime someone reviews one of my recipes, I like to find one of theirs to make and review as quickly as possible. It's a way for me to find great chefs I don't know yet too! My husband has high blood sugar so we try to watch our carbs, but it is not easy because we love them so much! I was diagnosed with brain tumors in 2005 and so far have had 5 surgeries that have left my eyelid droopy. I hope to have a surgery that will correct that soon!! There is still one tumor they have not removed but my wonderful doctor James Garrity at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN says they will leave it alone until or if it ever causes problems!