Sunshine Chiffon Cake With Creamy Orange Frosting
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
1 ten inch tube cake
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks with an electric mixer until frothy, then gradually add 2/3 cup of the granulated sugar, beating until thick.
- In a small bowl, combine the orange rind and juice and add to the yolk mixture alternately with the flour, beating until well blended.
- Wash and dry the beaters.
- In another large mixing bowl, combine the egg whites, cream of tartar and salt.
- Beat until soft peaks form, then gradually add the remaining 2/3 cups granulated sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the yolk mixture, scrape the batter into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan and bake until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean (about 1 hour and 10 minutes).
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert on wire rack to cool completely.
- Frost the top and sides of the cake with Creamy Orange Frosting and let the cake stand for at least 1 hour before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in the San Francisco area and love it here. I discovered Recipezaar (then Food.com..Genius Kitchen) in 2001 and have been so happy to have my favorite recipes stored safely here. I am mother to 7 and grandmother to 7. I love to knit, smock, sew, etc., but my favorite hobby of the moment is traditional rug hooking. This is a sample of what I do.? It's called "November".? I dyed most of the wool myself. It is made from wool flannel, cut into strips a little less than 1/4" and then worked into a linen backing. This is my 3rd rug.