Here is a very different, delicious way to enjoy those carrots! Original source: Better Homes & Gardens.
- Ready In:
- 8 medium carrots
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar or 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Bias-slice carrots crosswise about 1/2" thick.
- Place in a saucepan containing 1" of boiling, salted water.
- Cover pan and cook until just tender; about 10 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, ginger and salt.
- Add orange juice and cook, stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly.
- Boil 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Stir in butter.
- Pour over hot carrots, tossing to coat evenly.
- Garnish with parsley and orange twist, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 3 more