Sunny's Breakfast Brownie
This is an Atkin's friendly recipe for breakfast or just for when you need a chocolate & sugar fix.
- Ready In:
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 packets Splenda sugar substitute or 2 packets similar sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- Put the cream cheese and the butter in a microwave safe bowl.
- Cover and heat on high for 30 seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Whisk together until creamy.
- Transfer to a greased microwave safe bowl.
- Cover and heat on high for 2 minutes.
- Optional: Add 1 tbsp Peanut butter in the first step.
- You can also sub 1 tbsp sugar for the sugar packets.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
From one person who is currently on the Atkins diet, this is actually pretty good compared to what you could have when not this diet. I've been looking for all kinds of recipes to substitute for a chocolate fix, but they used ingredients like almond flour, soy flour, etc. (things I don't have). This is super quick and super simple. I would say it's more of a chocolate fix than breakfast b/c I don't have chocolate for breakfast. Ha. Has more egg than brownie consistency, which is fine. My fix was satisfied!Reply
This was a good warm chocolate fix. To be honest, it sort of just tasted to me like sweet chocolate-flavored scrambled eggs. But it was surprisingly a good combination! I'm not on a low-carb diet, so maybe I will add a tablespoon of flour next time. Or maybe not, it really wasn't too bad as chocolatey eggs!Reply
This was a quick and easy breakfast! In step 5, I almost transferred the mixture to a mixing bowl; then I realized that it was a serving bowl that was needed! I made two of these breakfast brownies; one for my daughter who is on a low carb diet, and one for myself. I'm afraid my daughter wasn't too excited about it, but I thought (for a sugar-free dessert) it was really quite good! It was very chocolaty, and great served with whipped cream! For those on a low carb diet, this may satisfy your chocolate cravings!Reply
see 1 more