Sunflower Seed Cole Slaw
I love cole slaws that include fruit and nuts -- it really gives them a variety of textures and flavor. Great salad to serve with bbq. For best results, allow slaw to chill for several hours so flavors can meld. This recipe is from my Kenny Roger's cookbook.
- Ready In:
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can pineapple tidbits (in juice)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can mandarin oranges (in juice)
- 1⁄4 lb green cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄4 lb red cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 lb carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds, lightly toasted
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate (undiluted)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch white pepper
- Drain pineapple and mandarin oranges, reserving 2 tablespoons pineapple juice.
- In a bowl, combine pineapple, oranges, cabbage, carrots, and sunflower seeds.
- For dressing, stir together mayonnaise, orange juice, reserved pineapple juice, salt and pepper. Pour over salad mixture, toss and chill.