Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Beans, Pasta and Sausage Soup
photo by Laka
- Ready In:
- 50 g sun-dried tomatoes, cut into small pieces
- 150 ml water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 100 g smoked sausage, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 800 ml water
- 40 g pasta shells or 40 g other small shell pasta
- 200 g borlotti beans, from a can
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- fresh thyme leave
- fresh oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 40 g parmesan cheese, grated
- Pour 150 ml of water over dried tomatoes and soak for 5 minutes. Drain, but keep the water for further use.
- Sauté onion and sausage in olive oil for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add chopped garlic, stir and continue to sauté for 1 minute.
- Add fresh and dried tomatoes and water, stir and bring to the boil. Stir in pasta, cook over low heat for 7 minutes.
- Add beans and sugar, continue to cook for about 1 minute.
- Stir in fresh thyme and oregano leaves, sea salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!