Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto With Bow Tie Pasta Recipe
- Ready In:
- 1 lb uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 (8 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 8 ounces pepper bacon (or bacon with 1/4 teaspoon black pepper)
- 1 (10 ounce) jar basil pesto
- 1 cup grated romano cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain tomatoes, reserving some of the oil. Cut tomatoes into julienne strips.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Drain and crumble.
- Drain pasta, shake off excess water and place in a large bowl. Add tomatoes and pesto; mix well. Add bacon and Romano and toss well. For a moister consistency, add some of reserved sun-dried tomato oil. Season with black pepper. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I grew up in Tucson but moved to Colorado in 1989 and live in a household with my husband, Dad, daughter and 3-year old twin granddaughters. Our 8-year old grandson spends 2 nights a week with us. All of that adds up to often difficult menu ideas to met everyone's tastes. Zaar is very addicting and I love trying the recipes I find here. I like to find recipes of people that I see are still active on Zaar and love it when I hear back from the Chef after I review the recipe. Everytime someone reviews one of my recipes, I like to find one of theirs to make and review as quickly as possible. It's a way for me to find great chefs I don't know yet too! My husband has high blood sugar so we try to watch our carbs, but it is not easy because we love them so much! I was diagnosed with brain tumors in 2005 and so far have had 5 surgeries that have left my eyelid droopy. I hope to have a surgery that will correct that soon!! There is still one tumor they have not removed but my wonderful doctor James Garrity at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN says they will leave it alone until or if it ever causes problems!