Sun-Dried Tomato/Pesto Burger for 2
photo by Bergy
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces lean hamburger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons onions, pureed
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese (good quality)
- 1 teaspoon hot spice blend (Mrs Dash hot, Denzel's, Jamaican jerk, Peri-Peri cayenne or chili powder, your choice)
- salt & pepper
- 2 teaspoons horseradish (not creamed)
- 2 kaiser rolls or 2 other hamburger buns
- 8 large mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 2 slices sweet onions (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sweet mustard (optional)
- 2 slices tomatoes, large slices (optional)
- In a chopper (food processor) puree the onion, garlic, sundried tomatoe/pesto sauce Make 4 patties, 2 slightly larger than the other two.
- Spread the pesto mixture on the two larger patties, not quite to the edge.
- Spread 1 tsp of horseradish on each of the same two patties.
- Sprinkle the two patties with the hot spice blend.
- Add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Cover with the remaining patties and really seal them.
- BBQ or pan fry (if you BBQ use the veggie stir fry pan lightly sprayed with oil, be careful they are delicate and fall apart easily because there is no filler to hold together) Meanwhile lightly toast your buns on the inside then cover each 1/2 bun with a slice of Mozzarello and let it get to the melt stage without burning the bun (do this just before the burgers are fully cooked) Sear both sides of the burgers on high heat and then cover your burgers with a lid to finish cooking turn heat to medium low.
- Put mushrooms beside the burgers, under the lid.
- Remove buns and add your condiments, tomatoe, mustard onion- whatever you like.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
On January 10 2010 I will celebrate 9 years of Life with Zaar. I can't imagine being without it! It has become part of my daily routine. I feel very privileged to be one of the hosts on the Photo Forum. Taking photos of my culinary efforts is a full time hobby and I love it. My friends all know what to expect when they come to dinner "Are you finished taking pictures?" or "Did you get a photo of so & so?" I never let them wait too long and the food is NEVER cold! I now have over 6000 photos on Zaar - some fairly good and some definitely not so good. I am happy to say that practice does help. My roots are in Vancouver BC Canada - a very beautiful city that holds many wonderful memories for me. In 1990, I decided that for my retirement years I may want to settle in a smaller community and found a slice of heaven in the North Okanagan B.C. I love living here but every once in a while I miss the bright city lights, the Broadway shows and some of the small wonderful ethnic restaurants that Vancouver abounds in. That is easily resolved. I just take a trip to the coast, visit with friends for a weekend see a show and feast on Dim Sum or other specialty foods. I am getting a bit long in the tooth but was a very adventurous person. I have river rafted Hell's Gate on the Fraser river, been up in a glider over Hawaii (no not a Hang Glider!), gone hot air ballooning in the Napa Valley & the Fraser Valley, driven dune buggies on the dunes in Oregon, Para sailing in Mexico and tried many other adventurous, challenging, fun things. I have yet to try bungee jumping or sky diving. I may do them yet. I love to travel and experience other cultures. Mexco has been a favorite haunt. I have visited that lovely country many many times. Australia is another favorite as is England! In the past 16 months I have taken off 61 pounds and feel wonderful. I am off all medications and all systems are GO! In years I may be 79 but in spirit I am still in my forties. We are only as old as we allow ourselves to feel. Always think positive. Do something a bit challenging every day & always do something silly every day. Be a kid again! Laugh every day - it is internal jogging. Here are a few of my photos <embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowNetworking="all" allowFullscreen="true" src="http://w615.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://w615.photobucket.com/albums/tt233/Bergylicious/ABM slideshow/d95d7a18.pbw" height="360" width="480">