Summer Tomato Salad
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 1 lb tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green olives or 1/3 cup black Greek olive
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped purple onions or 1/2 cup sweet onion
- 1 medium garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil or 1 1/4 tablespoons dried basil
- salt and pepper
- crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- Combine the tomatoes, olives, parsley, vinegar, olive oil, onion, garlic, basil, salt and pepper in a bowl and toss to mix well.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Personally, I think this is the best way to serve really, really good tomatoes. The blend of sweet/tangy tomatoes with salty olives, savoury onion and garlic, herby basil and sharp feta is perfection. The dressing on this was 'just right', the wine vinegar playing up but not overwhelming the tomatoes own tartness. Great recipe.