Summer Squash With Sour Cream
I was looking for a recipe to use up all the summer squash in my garden, I think I found a good one!
- Ready In:
- 1 lb summer squash
- 1 medium yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground red pepper cayenne
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 inch of water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the squash and onion.
- Lower the heat and simmer, covered, for 3 to 5 minutes or until squash is crisp-tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, stir together the sour cream and flour. Stir in the milk, dill, salt, and red pepper.
- Cook and stir over low heat until heated through (do not boil).
- Pour over the vegetables; stir until mixed.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 3 more