Summer Smoked Chicken Salad With Apples and Cranberries
- Ready In:
2 large sandwiches
- 1 smoked chicken breast, finely diced
- 1⁄2 a tart apple, such as Granny Smith, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced sweet onion, such as Walla Walla Sweet
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic chives (optional)
- 1 few t. light mayonnaise (more or less depending on how mayonaisey you like your chicken salad)
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries or 1/4 cup cherries
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Serve on soft bread, such as sourdough, or atop crisp lettuce leaves.
- Or you can just eat it out of the bowl -- I did. :-).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm an amateur cook who loves sharing good food with friends and family. I was born in Alabama, but grew up in the Pacific Northwest, where I live now. I first learned to cook buttermilk biscuits at the age of 4 from my grandmother, who was a true Southerner, and have enjoyed being in the kitchen ever since. When I'm not cooking, I work at a software company as a program manager. My husband and I have two kids, ages 2 and 6.