Sumac and Chilli Oven Fries
I have not tried this recipe as yet. I saw it in the newspaper and decided to post it here.I have finaly got down to trying this recipe and I have to agree with the other reviwers these wedges are rather bland as is. I have amended the quanities of the spices.
- Ready In:
- 5 medium potatoes
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons sumaq
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- preheat oven to 195°C.
- Grease an oven tray well with vegetable oil.
- Wash and cut potatoes into wedges (do not peel potatoes).
- Combine egg white and spices into a large bowl. Mix well.
- Add potatoes and coat well.
- Bake potatoes skin side down for 40 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
- Serve with a relish or as a side.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These wedges definitely had eye-appeal. That's why it was surprising that this dish was so... non-stellar. I think if I ever make these again, I'll probably leave out the sumac (strange tasting); increase the amount of chili, throw in the tiniest pinch of salt, and most certainly add a quick shake of cayenne pepper. -- posted Nov 13, 2005Reply