Sukhariki - Hazelnut Rusks (Russian Biscotti)
This is a recipe from the recipesource.com website for Sukhariki, or hazelnut rusks which is a Russian biscotti recipe. Though it's not a difficult recipe, it is does take a little time, often up to 8 hours but most of it is waiting for the Rusks to reach the appropriate crispness.
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 300°F Grease an 8-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- Beat eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Mix the nuts and flour together.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, and blend well. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 300°F for 50 minutes. Turn loaf onto counter, and wrap in a clean, moist dish towel, and let stand for 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Cut cooled loaf into 1/3-inch slices. Place slices on cookie sheet, and bake at 250°F until lightly browned and crisp, about 3 hours.