Sugo Di Pomodoro Fresco
photo by Outta Here
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 kg roma tomatoes (or equivlent canned tomatoes)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small carrot, finely diced
- 1 large red onion, finely diced (brown works ok too)
- 2 sticks celery, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 375 g tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 cups chicken stock or 2 cups vegetable stock
- salt & pepper
- Cut a cross in the pointy end of each tomato and place into boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Remove from water and set aside to cool. Remove skins and discard. Chop the tomatoes into 1cm sized pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan, add carrot, onion, celery and garlic and cook uncovered on medium for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes, brown sugar and stock and bring to the boil, stirring continually.
- Reduce head and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt & pepper and using a stab mixer, puree the sauce until smooth.
- Serve with prepared pasta of your choosing.
- Add fresh herbs such as oregano, flat leaf parsley or basil.
- Add 500g pork&veal mince to make it into a bolagnaise.
- Can be used for parmigiana.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Well, I am very passionate about cooking and love discovering new recipes. I love participating in the events since I'm always finding new recipes that I wouldn't have found on my own. My housemates and boyfriend all enjoy our food adventures and I love to leave people positive reviews and nice ish photos.