Sugarless Cherry Pie
I have been working on creating a cherry pie that is sweetened only with fruit juice and I think this one is pretty good! There are no processed sugars or artificial sweeteners. It is simple and quick to make and tastes very good too! For the juice concentrate, I use Old Orchard brand.
- Ready In:
- 1 double crust pie crust (I use whole wheat)
- 2 (1 lb) bags frozen dark sweet cherries, unsweetened, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1⁄2 cup frozen apple cherry juice concentrate, 100% juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 tablespoons butter (optional)
- cinnamon (optional)
- Place thawed, undrained cherries with juice concentrate, water and almond extract in a bowl and sprinkle with tapioca. Stir together and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Prepare pie crust and line a pie plate.
- Place the cherrie mixture in the pie crust.
- Place butter slices on top of the cherries if desired.
- Cover with top pie crust and flute edges.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes or until crust is slightly brown and filling is bubbly.