Sugar Topped Butter Cookies
photo by Lalaloula
- Ready In:
- heat oven to 350*F.
- in large mixer bowl combine all ingredients. beat at medium speed scraping bowl often, until well mixed.
- shape rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into 1inch balls, place 2inch apart on greased cookie sheets.
- flatten cookies to 1/4inch thickness with bottom of glass dipped in sugar.
- bake for 8 to 11 minutes or until edges are very lightly browned.
- 1)Chocolate chip Butter Cookies:.
- by hand stir 1 cup mini sweet chocolate chips into dough.
- 2)Brickle Bit Butter cookies:.
- by hand stir 6oz almond brickle bits into dough.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What a winner of a cookie this is! :) It is lovely crunchy on the outside with a soft centre and has a yummy vanilla taste. The sugar on top adds a nice crunch and makes the cookies special. I used a little less butter and only 1/3 cup sugar as I dont like my cookies to be too sweet. That way they were perfect for me. I followed your suggestion and added some chocolate chips to half of the dough. Mmm, also very nice. These not only taste good but also look very pretty, so I think Ill add them to my holiday cookie bags for my friends and family. THANKS SO MUCH for sharing this keeper with us, Daisy! Made and reviewed for Ed'n#9 Novembre 09.
I too questioned no salt? Double checked recipe and another reviewer had made same observation and loved the recipe. I loved the recipe. Wrote out on a recipe card and added to my favorite homemade book of my recipes. I added crushed/chopped Andes crème di menthe thins and white choc. chips. very good. Then I made this recipe with some green food coloring and added peppermint extract, added the Andes...and white choc. chips for Christmas!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook. ?Lately I have been baking a lot of bread, pizza dough and sweets. ?I have been a member for many years, and this site is where I come to for something new or old. ?I am hoping to soon add more recipes to my collection.