Sugar Plum Cookies
These cookies are fast and simple.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup butter, room temp
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup chopped sugared gumdrop
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar, for dipping into
- 26 small sugared gumdrops
- Heat oven 350.
- degrees F.
- Chop your sugared gumdrops into small pieces, I use scissors, or a sugared or floured paring knife. A little tedious job, but once its done, the recipe is a breeze.
- Mix butter and sugar and cream well with wooden spoon.
- (If using hand mixer do not over beat the butter and sugar, this will make the butter ooozz out while baking and end up with a buttery greasy cookie.).
- Stir in the flour and the chopped gumdrops.( A tip is to use 1/4 cup of the flour tossed into the chopped gumdrops, so that they stay seperate after cutting.).
- Shape dough into balls. This doesnt want to hold together well, so just squeeze each ball tightly to form.
- Place onto cookie sheet.
- Press a greased glass into the granulated sugar, and then press down on each cookie to 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut the small drops into pieces and press a few into each cookie.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until edges are light golden.
- Remove to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- You will see that these are crumbly to make balls, You might even think that they won't hold up.
- But do not add any more butter.
- That is the reason that the last drops are pressed into place before baking.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I will not lie. These , for me anyway, are NOT fun to make. But WOW are they addictive little buggers!!! :) They went together easy enough , I didn't even have trouble with them being crumbly. WHY I didn't enjoy making them, well, for me , chopping the gumdrops and cutting the others and putting the pieces into the cookie, tedious. Having said that , I will tell you these cookies will DEFINITELY be made again at my house. All I have to do is con someone else into doing the tedious part for me ;) I think kids would love the appearance of these and even grownups would love the taste!! :-) Thanks for a definite keeper of a cookie recipe!Reply
see 1 more