Sugar-Glazed Roasted Carrots
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium carrots, peeled and cut into 2 x 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Put oven rack in the middle position. Preheat to 475 degrees. Heat rimmed baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- Toss carrots, melted butter, sugar, salt and pepper until thoroughly combined. Remove pan from oven. Please carrots in single layer on it. Roast until they're beginning to brown, about 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, toss carrots to redistribute and keep roasting until tender and deep amber in color, with some very darkened spots (but not all over)--about 3 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These are very tasty carrots Debbie. We enjoyed them very much. I had to turn the heat down from 475 to 425 degrees after 5 minutes because the carrots were burning and not cooking. That said they turned out great, tender and flavorful with lots of dark flavor. I will definitely be making these again, but will decrease the amount of sugar and use a lower heat. Thanks so much for sharing. Made for Name That Ingredient Tag Game.