photo by Miss Fannie
- Ready In:
1 2/3 Cups
- 2 cups domino granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup domino confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon extract
- Combine granulated sugar, water and salt in 1-quart saucepan. Stir over heat until sugar dissolves.boil, without stirring to 230 degrees F or thread stage. Remove from heat.
- Blend butter, confectioner's sugar, and extract into syrup with whisk.stir until smooth and slightly thick. Keep glaze at right consistency by standing saucepan in a larger pan of simmering water.
- Brush or spoon glaze onto cakes, cookies, or breads. If mixture becomes.
- Dry and crusty, reheat slightly and stir a little water into the glaze.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><img title=Who src=http://food.sndimg.com/img/recipes/rz/.3/33/77/6/thumbs/picajqy0V.jpg alt=Having width=98 height=73 />After a productive day teaching seventh grade math, I enjoy good music, cooking, and a glass of fine red wine with my handsome husband. Since my children have left the nest, my babies are my two rat terriers. Buddy and Ellie keep me laughing, even when they are naughty.</p> <p><img title=Miss src=http://food.sndimg.com/img/recipes/rz/.3/33/77/6/large/picFrixiD.jpg alt=Playing width=352 height=461 /></p>