Sugar Cookie Crust Fruit Pizza
photo by Food.com
- Ready In:
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup sliced kiwi
- 1 cup sliced nectarine
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup strawberry, sliced
- For the crust: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 10- to 12-inch tart pan or pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until smooth using a handheld mixer. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated. Slowly incorporate the flour mixture into the creamed butter, and mix until blended. Remove the dough from the bowl and press it into the prepared pan. (You may need to dust your hands with some flour to prevent the dough from sticking to them; it is a wet dough when it comes together.) Bake until the edges just start to brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- For the spread: In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, vanilla, lemon zest and salt until smooth. Spread evenly on the cooled crust.
- For the glaze: Add the marmalade, 2 tablespoons water and the herbes de Provence to a small skillet and cook over medium heat until loosened and warm.
- To assemble: Arrange the fresh fruit in the desired pattern on top of the pizza. Brush the fruit with the glaze. Slice and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!