Sugar and Spice Hot Chocolate
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 3 1⁄2 ounces dark chocolate
- 2 cinnamon sticks (I actually use 2 sticks in mine, yumm)
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream, lightly whipped
- Pour milk in a pan.
- Sprinkle apple spice onto milk.
- Break or chop chocolate into pieces and add to milk.
- Add enough sugar to sweeten to your taste.
- Heat mixture over low heat until milk just boiling stirring all the time.
- Place 1 cinnamon stick into each of 2 cups.
- Pour hot chocolate into cups.
- top with whipped cream.
- serve immediately.
Join The Conversation
Rich and delicious! I used 2% milk, 60% dark chocolate (Ghirardelli), and 4 1/2 tsp raw sugar. Also did not have apple pie spice so used the kitchen dictionary conversion (1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/8 tsp cardamom). I didn't have any whipped cream or cinnamon stick so left those out but didn't miss them :) Thanks so much for sharing Anna!