This is from the old TBS show "Dinner and a Movie". The hosts made this while watching the movie "Better Off Dead". It's pretty tasty but makes a LOT, so be sure you're really hungry when you make this!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 6 ears fresh corn
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 2 cups baby lima beans (fresh or frozen)
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 4 boneless skinless turkey thighs
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups turkey broth
- 1 lemon, cut into quarters
- Husk the corn, remove silk and cut kernels from the cob into the mixing bowl. With the back of the knife blade, scrape the pulp from each cob into the bowl with the kernels.
- Dice onion and bell pepper, quarter the tomatoes and set aside. Blanch the beans until tender, about 15 minutes; rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Cut the turkey thighs into bite sized chunks, season with a little salt and pepper and toss with the flour.
- Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a heavy pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Add half of the turkey and saute until golden brown, about five minutes. Transfer the cooked turkey to a plate. Add the remaining olive oil to the pot and repeat with the second half of the turkey.
- Add diced onion, bell pepper and sage to the hot pan and saute a few minutes until the onions become soft and translucent. Add the sherry and reduce, scraping the pot with a wooden spoon to loosen tasty bits stuck to the bottom.
- Return the turkey to the pot, add the chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Cook covered for 30 to 45 minutes or until the turkey is quite tender.
- Add the corn, corn pulp, blanched lima beans and tomatoes and simmer an additional 5 minutes uncovered.
- Season with salt to taste, a squeeze of lemon and generous grinding of fresh pepper. Serve hot with rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION