Sue's Rhubarb Platz
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
1 10x15 inch pan
- Mix 2 cups flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder and rub in the butter to make a meal appearance.
- Beat together 1 cup milk, eggs and almond flavoring.
- Mix these two mixtures together.
- May be lumpy.
- Spread into a 10 x 15 inch pan and cover with fruit.
- Mix together the remaining flour, sugar and melted butter.
- Sprinkle crumbs on top of the fruit.
- Bake at 350 deg. for 40 minutes. Do not overbake.
- Cut into 20 squares.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
A couple of things about this recipe. People in my family who do not like Rhubarb LOVE this recipe. My Mennonite friends say this is the best platz they have ever had. I also sprinkle sliced almonds on top before baking which ties in with the almond flavoring. Every person who has tried this platz wants the recipe. Thanks for sharing!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I've lived in Winnipeg for the past 25 years. I enjoy counted cross stitch, quilting, travelling and gardening in summer.I love garage saling and shopping in general. I also enjoy cooking and baking and trying new recipes. I really enjoy this website.