- Ready In:
- 1 lb chickpeas
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 onions
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped (known as fresh coriander)
- 1 white bread roll
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper (usually white pepper)
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- oil (for frying)
- Soak chickpeas in water for at least 3 hours. Cook until tender, and mince with the garlic, onion, and fresh cilantro.
- Soak broken-up bread roll in water until soft and break up finely. Add flour to the bread and mix in .
- Add to the first mixture.
- Stir, and add salt, pepper and coriander seeds, and leave for 15 minutes.
- Add baking powder and mix in .
- Shape with hands into a flat saucer shape (make more than one if it's easier) and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Deep or shallow fry. (Deep-fry is the usual method).
- Serve on its own. Can be served with a topping.
- (No more is known. You're on your own here! LOL!).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a widow, retired, and I love cooking. I live on the coast in South Africa and I love seafood. You're welcome to my recipes (all kinds, definitely not just seafood!) Just remember that no recipe is ever cast in stone -- adjust to your taste! The photo was taken at a rustic seaside restaurant on our West Coast, approx 1 year ago (2016).