photo by vilde_270
- Ready In:
- 4 egg whites
- 150 g finely chopped almonds
- 150 g powdered sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 50 ml heavy cream
- 65 g sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 100 g butter
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and add the powdered sugar.
- Mix in the almonds very carefully.
- Put in a round pan about 24 cm in diameter or a 20 cm x 30 cm square pan. Bake on 175 degrees celcius, 30 minute.
- Filling: Mix the egg yolks and the cream.
- Add sugar and vanilla.
- Stir over heat until it thickens and starts to boil.
- When it has thickened, let it start to boil, then cool.
- When it is almost cold, add the softened butter.
- Spread the filling on the cake when the cake is cooled.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!