Sub/Hoagie Sauce-Diana Style
- Ready In:
1 1/2 cups
- 1 white onion, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Mexican oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 2 teaspoons kosher sea salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped chives, fresh
- 1⁄4 cup malt vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- In a medium pan over medium heat saute onion in the vegetable oil until LIGHT brown-don't burn it.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Using an immersion blender or stand blender barely puree-this will make it creamy. I say "barely" because you want to see little bits of spice.
- Now dip your finger in and taste it.
- Adjust seasonings.
- I use this as a sauce for wraps and as a marinade for grilled chicken.
- It's a work in progress.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!