MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
inspired by Diners drive ins and dives. found on internet You should start this the day before you want to serve it. These can be made ahead very successfully. I baked them early in the day and reheated and served at dinner time.
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 10mins
- 3 corn muffins, crumbled
- 2 -3 slices white bread, processed into crumbs (I used rather thick heels)
- 1⁄2 large onion, minced fine
- 1⁄2 minced celery & leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley, to taste
- poultry seasoning
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 ounces chicken stock or 6 ounces turkey stock
- Mix the corn muffin and bread crumbs in a large bowl. Sauté the onion and celery in butter until soft. Add to crumbs along with salt, pepper, parsley and poultry seasoning. Smell and taste to adjust seasoning. Let sit out overnight to dry a bit and for the flavors to blend. Adjust the seasoning again the next day.
- When you want to make the waffles mix the egg into the bread mixture. Add the stock a little at a time and mix well. You want the stuffing mix to be wetter than if you we baking in a pan – about the consistency of thick pancake batter. Bake according to manufacturer’s directions using enough ‘batter’ to cover the cooking plate completely.
- Makes six 4x4.5-inch waffles.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION