photo by lets.eat
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package cubed herb seasoned stuffing mix (about 4 c)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cover baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Melt the butter in a nonstick pan, add the onion, celery, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Cook at a medium heat stirring as required until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and add the remaining ingredients.
- Stir until stuffing is moistened and ingredients are well blended.
- Form into 1 1/2" balls (approx a heaping tablespoon of mixture).
- Place balls on baking sheet and bake until golden.
- Approx 25-30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My girls and I made these little stuffing balls last night with a ham dinner. The melted butter, onions, celery and thyme smelled absolutely delicious on the stove, but the herbs from the herbed stuffing mix was overpowering. I will probably tackle this one again this weekend and try using plain, dried white bread cubes instead.
Looking for an oyster dressing recipe and found this. I did add a can of oysters, sage and poultry seasoning. Took it to Christmas dinner with my husbands family and a lot of them who would try it loved it. I made them 3 days in advance and froze them on a tray and put in a ziploc. Next year will make it without the oysters so everyone can enjoy it. Great Recipe! Thank you!
see 6 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
This is me on the beach (at sunrise) from a southern vacation a few years ago. After loosing more than 50 pounds I am not so shy about bathing suits, beaches or pools as I used to be.