Stuffing Sweet and Savory
Sweet and savory, a thanksgiving favorite for everyone who tastes it. Simple, Sweet, and Satisfying. This stuffing is a family recipe that has been passed down for over fifty years. We cannot have stuffing served at any holiday meal unless this one is on the table.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 stalks celery, chopped very small (about 1 cup)
- 1 onion, chopped very small (about 1 cup)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) bag herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup of roasted chopped pecans
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- Melt the butter in a large pot.
- Add the celery and onion and cook until soft.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Remove the pot from the heat and pour in the bag of stuffing.
- Mix well.
- Add the cranraisins, honey, pecans, and egg and mix lightly.
- Spoon the stuffing mixture into a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until the stuffing is hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This stuffing is delicious. This is the second Thanksgiving I've made it and it was as good as I remembered it. Great flavor with the cranberries and honey and nuts. I might try adding a chopped apple next time. I was a little confused by the directions for the chicken broth ( 2 8 oz. cans) as cans are typically 14.5 ounces. So I used the 2 full 14.5 oz. cans, which made it seem very moist, but once it baked it firmed up nicely and browned. I may try just 16 oz. of broth next time to see if it makes a big difference. Either way, this is my go-to stuffing recipe from now on. No more Stove-top boxed stuffing anymore!1Replies 1