Stuffing & Summer Squash Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 (6 ounce) bag seasoned stuffing mix
- 5 cups sliced summer squash (about 4 medium) or 5 cups zucchini (about 4 medium)
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup or (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced onion seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions, except reduce water to 3/4 cup.
- Spread half of the prepared stuffing in 2-quart baking dish.
- In large saucepan cook squash and carrot, covered, in a small amount of boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender.
- Drain well.
- Stir in soup, sour cream, minced onion seasoning and pepper.
- Spoon vegetable mixture over stuffing.
- Top with remaining stuffing.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until heated through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello, I am Rhonda from Southern Indiana. Many of the recipes I have posted are my Dear Mothers. She was a Great Cook! My posting is A tribute to her. For All the world to see her recipes. I lost my Mother to Cancer on May 6th 2001. 7/19/05 Took in a Stray Cat! His name is ROCKY. I love this site! I enjoy all the recipes and when I get a good review it makes me smile. Because it is for MOM!!!??