Stuffed Pork Chops
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is one I use for a special occassion like a birthday or such. They really love this!!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup minced celery
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup seasoned prepared stuffing
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless pork chops, 1 inch thick
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- In skillet, saute celery and onion in 1 Tablespoon butter.
- Put into a large bowl.
- Add croutons, milk, parsley, salt, paprika, and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Cut a pocket in each chop, fill with stuffing.
- Brown chops in remaining 2 Tablespoons butter.
- Put chops in a greased 9x9 inch baking pan.
- Pour broth over chops.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes.
- Remove chops and keep warm.
- Pour pan drippings into a saucepan.
- Mix cornstarch and water.
- Slowly stir into drippings.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes until thickened.
- Serve with chops.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was a very good comfort food meal for our Sunday evening. My chops were a little thin, but I just reduced the cooking time slightly. I used chicken broth instead of beef and added more to the pan drippings to make even more gravy. I also stirred a little cream into the gravy to make it even better. I used Pepperidge Farm's cubed seasoned stuffing mix and found it to have great flavor. Served up with some steamed green beans (a staple side dish for us), these pork chops were awesome. Thanks.Reply
see 10 more