Stuffed Peppers (Ww)
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄3 cup fat free feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme (or 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, minced)
- 4 bell peppers, tops cut off
- 1⁄2 cup tomato puree
- To make filling: combine first 8 ingredients (turkey - thyme) in a bowl.
- Spoon filling into bell peppers.
- ***Transfer peppers to freezer container and cover and freeze up to 1 month""".
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Transfer peppers to 9-inch baking dish and pour tomato puree over peppers, adding enough water so liquid comes at least 1/4 up sides of peppers. Cover with foil and cook for 30-40 minutes, basting occasionally or until peppers are tender and filling is cooked (temp of filling should read 165-degrees F using an instant read thermometer inserted into filling).
- Let peppers stand for 5 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation