- Ready In:
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon sultana, plumped in boiling water beforehand
- 1 tablespoon walnuts, chopped
- 1 large ripe peaches or 2 halves of canned peaches
- 2 crisp lettuce leaves
- Mix cheese, sultanas and nuts and make into 6 small balls (if balls are very soft, chill the mixture in the refrigerator for a short time).
- Arrange peach halves on a lettuce leaf in two individual bowls or glasses and place three cheese balls into each.
- Serve chilled.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Delicious with a heavy meat and potatoes meal, reminiscent of the Pear and Cheese Salad my grandma used to make. I wish I would have had a fresh peach, as it would have been even better than the canned. Next time I will use fresh. Even my husband liked this, and he doesn't usually like anything with nuts!
Made as written for ZWT6 except for a light sprinkle of dry mint atop the plated peach halves for the pic, this recipe was a lovely surprise. Fresh peaches are rare here in Iceland, but we still love even canned ones ~ esp DH. He also can be a bit of a food purist, but liked these & *snarfed* them down in a flash. Easy, quick, tasty & textural ~ my kind of recipe. Thx for sharing it w/us.