Stuffed Mushrooms With Meatless Meatballs and Artichokes ( or Ad
photo by Nocarbmama
- Ready In:
3 Mushrooms with sauce and artichokes with meatballs
- 16 ounces artichokes, unmarinated can cut into fourths (15 oz.)
- 6 ounces tomato sauce (6 oz.)
- 6 medium white mushrooms, stems removed and set aside
- 2 tablespoons mixed color diced bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons diced white onions
- 1⁄2 cup fat free mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6 pre made meatballs (your own or store bought. I used meatless Vegie Garden brand meatballs)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt substitute, regular flavor
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray medium casserole dish with Pam non stick cooking spray. Place de stemmed mushrooms top side down into the casserole dish. Please a meatball in center of each. Sprinkle the onion and peppers over all. Chop up the stems from the mushrooms and add around mushroom caps. Drain Artichokes and add them to casserole around the filled mushrooms.Sprinkle with Mrs. Dash salt substitute. Pour the tomato sauce over it all. Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with the oregano. Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. If you want the top to brown a little remove the lid during the last 10 minutes of cooking. You can double or even triple this recipe to fit your needs.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I like to come up with satisfying dishes that provide nutrition with great taste!</p>