This is a classic recipe to have at any dinner or holiday party, always a winner. Stuffing can be frozen.
- Ready In:
- 24 mushrooms, stuffer caps
- 1⁄2 lb mild sausage
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped onion, finely minced
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic
- couple shakes dried parsley
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- grated mozzarella cheese, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat brown sausage and add onion, cook until softened, remove from heat and drain fat, and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile wipe mushroom caps clean with damp paper towel.
- In mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except mushrooms and mozzarella. Mix all ingredients well.
- Fill mushroom caps the mixture and place on a sheet pan. Sprinkle grated mozzarella.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These were real good. They tasted better at room temperature then they did hot from the oven. Letting them sit for awhile gave them time to meld all the flavors together. I used plain breadcrumbs. It definitely was missing salt & pepper in the sausage mixture though. Made for Bargain Basement.1Reply