photo by I'mPat
- Ready In:
15 stuffed mushrooms
- 15 mushroom caps
- 15 mushroom stems, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits, freshly fried
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven (or grill) to 350.
- Heat butter in saute pan over medium high heat.
- Saute mushroom stems, bacon bits, garlic powder, and onion powder until mushroom stems brown and release their water.
- In a small bowl mix cream cheese and mushroom stem mix.
- Fill each mushroom cap with cream cheese mix. Sprinkle a small amount of shredded cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
They were quite tasty but I ended up having far more cream cheese than needed. I don't know if it's because I bought the pack of white mushrooms and they were smaller than what the author used but there was ALOT of extra cream cheese mix (and I didn't skimp on the stuffing-of-the-shrooms). I ended up using some of the mix on a bagel and "stuffed" some celery stalks with it. <br/>On another note, they really needed to eaten straight out of the oven. This is not a recipe that you can prepare in advance. But they WERE tasty :)
Oh I was a greedy guts in this recipe, I used the filling to fill 3 very large field mushrooms which became a side for the DM, DS and myself with recipe #354588, recipe #123403 and steamed vegetables. I baked them in a fan forced oven at 175C for 30 minutes and they were just right. Will do again but make them the star of the meal with a crisp salad for a nearly veg. meal. Thank you SaffronMeSilly, made for New Kid On The Block.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>In general, cooking is a passion and a hobby. I love to try new recipes and I love it even more when a new recipe comes out spectacular. I work full time, and am a wife and mother, so sometimes cooking becomes a chore. I try to keep it fresh by planning out the week in meals, trying a new recipe a week, and cooking enough to freeze dinners for those evenings with a tight schedule.</p>