photo by Chippie1
- Ready In:
- 12 uncooked manicotti
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups prepared spaghetti sauce
- Par-boil manicotti noodles, drain.
- Place in a bowl of cold water to prevent sticking.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine eggs, 1/4 cup of the parmesan cheese, 1/2 of the mozzarella,cheddar and ricotta cheeses and the seasonings.
- Drain shells, pat dry with paper towels.
- Fill shells with cheese mixture, spread 1/2 cup of the prepared spaghetti sauce over bottom of shallow 3 quart baking dish.
- Arrange filled shells over sauce; cover with remaining sauce and spoon remaining ricotta over each shell.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella, cheddar and parmesan cheeses.
- Bake covered loosely with foil for 40 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Loved this recipe but I made a few alterations. I omitted the cheddar cheese, doubled the mozzarella and doubled the eggs. I also added spicy Italian sausage, chopped spinach and thinly sliced zucchini. My mixture was a little too think, so I used approx. 1/8th cup of milk to soften it just a tad. This was enough to fill 14 manicotti shells. Great recipe and I will gladly give it five stars, but I highly recommend leaving out the cheddar to avoid a flavor clash (romano cheese in its place would be a good substitute if you don't want to double up on the mozzarella).
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I made this account back in 2001, when the site was called "Recipezaar". A lot has changed in my life since then. My kids are all grown and I try to eat a low-carb lifestyle now. Some of my older recipes were handed down from my grandmother. I hope you all enjoy them as much as I have. Current recipes that I post will mostly be low carb or keto.