- Ready In:
- 12 large jalapenos
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 4 slices bacon, thick-cut
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs (optional)
- Brown up the bacon in a skillet until it reaches the desired level of crispness. Set aside and let cool.
- Cut each jalapeno in half. I would suggest using a teaspoon to scrape out the seeds and veins. The idea is not to make this a super spicy recipe, but one that a majority of people will enjoy and where the flavors meld together.
- Use a spoon to fill each jalapeno half with some cream cheese. Do not overfill the pepper.
- Finely crumble the bacon and mix with the shredded cheese.
- Mound the cheese/bacon mixture on each pepper.
- Grill over medium heat until the pepper has softened and the cheese melted. You can also smoke the peppers if you desire.
- Optional: Melt some butter, toss with the panko bread crumbs, and bake at 350 degrees until the panko is golden brown. Top each pepper before grillingwith some panko breadcrumbs for a crispy topping.
Join The Conversation
A relatively easy stuffed jalapeno recipe. What's different is that the jalapenos are stuffed with bacon, but not completely wrapped in it. All of us like bacon, but wrapping the pepper in bacon has a few drawbacks: 1) You won't really taste anything besides the bacon, and 2) the bacon will probably be undercooked when the pepper is ready. This lets all the ingredients. Finally, you could certainly add a lot of different things to the pepper stuffing, but I wanted to keep the recipe simple.