Stuffed Fish Rolls With Asparagus Hollandaise Sauce
photo by The Flying Chef
- Ready In:
- Cook bacon in frying pan until crisp, drain on absorbent paper. Combine asparagus, bacon and grated cheese in a bowl.
- Press spoonfuls of mixture onto the fish and roll up, secure with toothpicks.
- Place fish on oiled ovenproof dish in a single layer and brush with melted butter. Bake fish at 180c for 20mins or until cooked through.
- For the Sauce.
- Boil or microwave asparagus until tender.
- Place egg yolks, wine, lemon juice and cayenne in a blender, blend until smooth about 10 seconds.
- Slowly pour in hot butter, blend until thickened.
- Add hot asparagus and blend until smooth, serve immediately.
- Hollandaise should be served warm not hot.
- To serve place two fish rolls per plate top with sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was really good! We used home canned asparagus in the stuffing and fresh steamed asparagus on the side. Also, I used a sharp white cheddar (because that's all we had on hand) and it came out fine. For presentation, I sprinkled paprika around the outside. The red gave it the needed color contrast. Thanks for posting!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a pilot based in Switzerland who loves to cook and experiment with all kinds of foods from around the world. <br /> <br />I love throwing parties and intimate dinner parties especially seeing how much people enjoy themselves. <br /> <br />I love the ooutdoors and sports and to travel, although I haven't crossed off every place I want to visit in the world. <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/MEMBEROFTHEWEEK-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr336/jess4freedom/Zaar%20banners/ANZ-MakeMyRecipe.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/pictSF7ey-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/pick0GuXD-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n191/bb_babe626/AUST5.jpg alt= /></p> <p> </p> <div id=_mcePaste style=position: absolute; left: -10000px; top: 1246px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden;>[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/deb112.gif/][IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9095/deb112.gif[/IMG][/URL]</div> <div id=_mcePaste style=position: absolute; left: -10000px; top: 1246px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden;>Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]</div>